Ms. Cooper joined EN TECH in 2002. Ms. Cooper has more than thirty-five years of administrative experience and expertise. Her contributions have substantially expanded and improved EN TECH’s electronic processing, data management, and documentation procedures. Ms. Cooper is responsible for all documentation preparation and maintains document control procedures. She created EN TECH’s style guide, ensuring documentation is consistent and accurate. Before becoming our primary Fund Coordinator, Ms. Cooper performed the monthly closing of books, account reconciliation, and journal entry adjustments. She prepared the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for management and tax purposes. Ms. Cooper processed the payroll including payment of taxes and generates the yearend W2 statements. She coordinated the conversion from an outdated legacy accounting system to QuickBooks including set up of the company, account, vendor, and client records, and ongoing training of staff. Ms. Cooper has primary responsibility for the management of UST Cleanup Fund (Fund) activities for Arizona; these responsibilities encompass everything from the organization, preparation, and submittal of eligibility applications, cost estimates, and work plans to tracking funds to appealing denied costs. She is responsible for handling all Fund activities in such a manner as to maximize efficiency, cost effectiveness, and monies recovered. EN TECH was one of the first consulting firms in Arizona to successfully use the new Fund’s Preapproval Program, and Ms. Cooper continually assists the Preapproval Program staff in streamlining their processes and forms. In July 2018, she presented Preapproval Program workflow issues at a joint task force meeting including ADEQ, APMA, and insurance representatives; the result was a reduction in process and paperwork.
- Organized, prepared, and submitted preapproval corrective action applications, totaling $1.151 million, to the Arizona UST Cleanup Fund for their fiscal year 2019; reimbursement requests are ongoing with no appeals necessary as of April 2019.
- Trained new staff as secondary Fund Coordinator in the Preapproval Program application process. This training assisted the new staff member to become the primary Tank Site Improvement Program Coordinator for EN TECH.
- Organized, prepared, and submitted preapproval corrective action applications, totaling $480,000, to the Arizona UST Cleanup Fund for their fiscal year 2018; no appeals were necessary for the reimbursement requests for those applications.
- Organized, prepared, and submitted 24 time-barred claim applications, totaling $1.074 million, to the Arizona UST Cleanup Fund in 2016; any denied costs were pursued and subsequently approved.
- Converted legacy accounting system and practices to new system; trained staff in use and new processes in 2014.
- Prepared and submitted documentation to successfully refute an IRS company audit in 2011.
- Developed and maintained new budget and project expense tracking system for the corporate publicity department of national food producer from 1994-1996.
- Developed and maintained department budgets and capital plans for retail chain IT division from 1986-1990.
- Initiated and maintained financial tracking system for retail chain network operations budget of $21 million from 1983-1985